Thursday, December 16, 2010

How Much Do You Really Know About Poverty?

I just took this quick quiz testing my knowledge about how much do I really know about poverty and what is just stereotypes and misconceptions that have been put in my head. I was surprised at my result, I got 10 right and 5 wrong. But learned a lot. This is a great, quick quiz to take and it really puts things into perspective, like how much government assistance really does help family and children have a roof over their heads and food in their stomachs, but also how there is still so much to do. I encourage you to take this quick quiz and post on the comments how many did you get right and wrong. And more importantly what your reaction was to how much of what you know is true facts and how much of it is stereotypes that have been drilled on us so we can start having a conversation about how we can stop these misconceptions and start having a real conversation about poverty in the United States and how can we cut it in half in 10 years.

http://halfinten.org/issues/articles/how-much-do-you-really-know-about-poverty/

No comments:

Post a Comment